Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Addenda

In the event you were wondering, we did survive the Glorious 4th intact and the ancestral manse remained unscathed by the bombs bursting in air.  The rockets and their red glare seem to have landed elsewhere also.  We spent the evening at the house of a friend who lives in a city which thankfully forbids even safe-and-sane explosive and incendiary devices.  We could see a professional show, or most of it, from his garden area.  A nearby golf course put it on,  so I'm told.

The ancestral manse itself did not go anywhere and survived by pure luck.

And holy water.


In the event you were also curious as to why in the post below I put  my own words in the quote feature and the quoted text outside the quote feature, the answer is I didn't.  Blogspot did that all by itself.  I have no explanation. Mysterious are the ways of Blogspot, its wonders to perform.