Tuesday, April 13, 2004

O.K., O.K., I'll do it. . . .


The "Monday Quiz" that everyone else in the parish is doing. I mean everyone. The last two I've seen were Video Meliora. . . . and Oblique House.

So:

Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says "sight of God; but it is they who follow the Law that will be justi-" from volume III of Pius Parsch's "The Church's Year of Grace".

Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first? Nothing. There is nothing to the left of me. I have to swing around all the way to the front and I touch only the monitor.


What is the last thing you watched on TV? CNN news programme. Lord knows what it was actually about; I don't usually watch it and I wasn't paying much attention. The last thing I actually watched was a Seinfeld episode I hadn't seen before - which is most of them as I never saw them when they were first out.


What is on the walls of the room you are in? Two icons: the Vladimirskaya Madonna and a Serbian Pantocrator. A small Assumption Abbey icon of Ss. Benedict and Scholastica. A framed print showing a picture of my wife that was used in their annual report. A photo of my father. Another photo of my wife. A painting of a priest walking down an Irish country road. A painting of an unidentified Lowland regiment pipe band practicing in Hyde Park. Three photos of me playing with the old Clan Donnachaidh Pipe Band and our greatly-missed Pipe Major Channon. Assorted diplomas and licenses. A copy of a medieval Irish cross.


What is the last movie you saw? The Passion of the Christ.

If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first? My wife needs a decent car desperately. Even if I don't become a millionaire overnight that's on the list.

Tell me something about you that I don't know. My mother was in the first class of women commissioned in the United States Marine Corps, circa 1943. If she were still alive to ask, I could give you the exact date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home