Saturday, April 19, 2003

Speaking of confessions. . . .

I have missed most of my appointments with the blog this week. It has been a full week. One all-day meeting and several funerals have filled the time available. It was a rather fitting time for funerals, looking forward to Good Friday. (They weren't Catholic funerals; I wonder if they would have been liturgically allowed in our Church during Holy Week?) But the cloudy, drizzly weather and the advent of the Passion commemoration seemed suited to the occasion.

And this afternoon I have a wedding to do. I don't know if I would have agreed to do it if I'd realized it was Holy Saturday. Probably not. But it's a long-standing commitment, and at least it's after Vespers so Lent is technically over and it's an Easter wedding of sorts. At least it's in a hotel and not a park. (Does nobody get married in a church any more?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home