Friday, February 07, 2003

An Unnecessary Post

This is something of a pointless exercise. You already read Ad Orientem every day don't you? Of course you do. So you really don't need me sending you over there to read this. But I'm so incensed about the destruction of what by all accounts is a first class choir that I want to share the annoyance and ruin your day, too.

If I could find my copy of the Latin GIRM I would weigh into the fray by insisting that although the "Gathering Hymn" and "Responsorial Psalm" are indeed permitted options, the introit and graduale are the preferred options. The English version seems to give them equal weight as options. I don't think that is correct. But until I can find my Latin version I'm not going to insist relying on my unreliable memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home