Friday, February 07, 2003

From the Mail

Today's African correspondent is not a top government official. (I'm a little miffed about that.) He is:

FROM :KUNTE JOHNSON.
TEL :225-07-59-73-34.
ABIDJAN, COTE D' IVOIRE.
WEST AFRICA.

But he, too, is convinced that I am as honest as the day is long (and, of course, this is quite true; how do they know?) and can be trusted with his vast wealth. Not as vast as yesterday's Mr. Frank James and his thirty million big ones. Mr. Johnson, not being a government official but only the son of "one of the directors under theTijan Kabbah Government", only has eight and a half million that he wants me to salt away for him. But he's only going to let me have 10% of it; a measly eight-hundred and fifty thousand. The cheapskate. My pal Frank was going to give me a full 30%.

Some people just don't appreciate the value of an American bank account owned by someone of unimpeachable rectitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home