Tuesday, October 22, 2002

More on the Rosary

To tell the truth I had expected the Groucho Wing of the traditionalist movement to rail against the Holy Father's suggestions for new mysteries of the Holy Rosary and have not been disappointed. I didn't expect some of the venom I've been reading. One fellow even calls them "wacky novelties". What can he possibly mean by that other than the passages from the Holy Gospels indicated by the pope? One wonders what the point of his "traditionalism" is if the Holy Gospels can become "wacky novelties".

Initially, I had been fully prepared to ignore the new mysteries. In view of the mindless vitriol directed at them by professed Catholics I have become their partisan. I await Thursday - the day of the new Luminous Mysteries - with great anticipation.

Vivat Johannes Paulus. Vivat Maria Regina Sacratissimi Rosarii.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home